ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The department of CIVIL ENGINEERING was established in the year 2009 with an intake of 60 students. The department of CIVIL also conducts a PG programme M.E Structural Engineering from the year 2014 with an intake of 18 students.
It is considered to be the most versatile branch among all the engineering branches. Civil engineering can be considered as a single largest branch among all the engineering branches.
The structural engineering is one of the division in the department of CIVIL Engineering is a vibrant synergy of a group of leading faculty with extensive theoretical and practical experience.
VISION & MISSION
The vision of the department is to give an exposure to budding civil techno crafts to various challenges in and the profession. To contribute effectively to the National Endeavour of producing quality human resource of world class standard in civil engineering by developing a sustainable technical education system to meet the changing technological needs of the Country incorporating relevant of social concerns and to build an environment to create and propagate innovative technologies for the economic development of Nation.
The Mission of the undergraduate civil engineering program is to develop the students into capable civil engineering graduates by imparting appropriate high quality education in Civil Engineering so that they could be readily adapted by the service sector to meet the challenges faced by the Nation.
To be the fountain head of new ideas and innovations in Civil Engineering.
To be the highest-ranked Civil Engineering faculty in the country and among the best-ranked departments in the world in terms of teaching and quality, research contributions, high-end consultancy, outreach and manpower training and academic leadership.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
The graduates will be geared up
-   To solve civil engineering problems in different scenarios there by making them successful in engineering practice and/or research or in other fields they choose to pursue.
-   To achieve expertise in design and analysis of various civil engineering structures.
-   To generate engineering designs that are based on sound principles which considers functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability
-   To function ethically in professional civil engineering roles and exhibit good competency in their work culture.
-   To enhance lifelong learning by being active members of professional bodies like ICI, ISCE, ASCE etc. and obtain professional licensure.
LIST OF FACULTIES
The faculty members are well experienced and highly qualified. There are twelve young, energetic faculty members who are working full-time and on regular basis. The faculty members impart their knowledge and skills to the students to achieve the goals of the department. The management encourages the faculty members to pursue higher education like doctoral programme and provides incentives for faculty who achieve 100% result in the university examination.
|S.No.||NAME OF THE FACULTY||DESIGNATION|
This industrial visit aims at improvement of the practical know how of students. Students are encouraged to analyze the practice of the theoretical knowledge they have gained in class. A detailed report on their industrial visit and industrial training are to be submitted during their final viva voce to assess their exposure to industry and their knowledge in the practical application of the theoretical knowledge.
GUEST LECTURER & EVENTS
CONFERENCE & JOURNALS
-   Published an article in “RESPONSE OF BASE ISOLATED TALL STRUCTURES” by Ms.V.M.Muthu priya M.E. on 14/04/2013
-   Published an article in “NUMERICAL ANALYSIS OF VIBRATION CHARACTERISTICS OF FUEL TANK by Ms.K.JANANI on 25/03/2013
-   Published an article in “SLOSHING OF LIQUID IN CYLINDRICAL CONTAINER WITH A BAFFLE WALL” by Ms.V.SRIRAMA DEVI M.E., on 10/05/2014
-  Published an article in “STABILITY OF RECTANGULAR OIL STORAGE TANK DURING AN EARTHQUAKE” published by Mr.B.CHANDRU M.E., on 05/12/2014