DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRIAL -AND-ELECTRONICS-ENGINEERING
The Vision for EEE department is to impart technical education theoretically and practically with high pattern of discipline through our dedicated staffs who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering was established in the year of 2005 with the intake of 60 students. The Department started post graduate programme (M.E in Power Electronics and Drives (PED)) in 2012. It has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty members as its strength. They also cater to the needs of other Engineering departments by handling Basic Electrical & Electronics courses. The Department includes well spaced and equipped laboratories like Electrical Machine Lab, Power Electronics Lab, Control system lab, Measurements & Instrumentation lab, Power system simulation lab and Power Electronics and Drives Lab.
VISION & MISSION
To develop the eminent professionals in the field of Electrical and Electronics engineering by making themselves distinctive from others which makes them employable and also to be an Entrepreneur in future along with ethical values and social concern.
-   To impart quality education at global standard by experienced and qualified faculties in Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme.
-   Bridging the gap between industry and academic with an effective interaction.
-   Providing ambient circumstances and lab facilities which motivates the students to interpret theoretical concepts practically.
-   Preparing the students to meet out competitive examinations.
-   Improving personality skills through various value added courses, short term trainings, seminars, guest lectures from industrial experts etc.,
-   To extend the department activities towards the establishment of research and development centre.
PEO (Programme Educational Objectives)
Programme Educational Objective [Major]
-   The department aims at imparting quality education to the students admitted and thereby succeed in generating employable and human valued power engineers.
Programme Educational Objectives [PEO]
-   The educational objectives of UG program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering are:
To provide sound foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to analyze, formulate and solve engineering problems.
P2: CORE COMPETANCE
To provide thorough knowledge in Electrical and Electronics Engineering subjects including theoretical knowledge and practical training for preparing physical models pertaining to Electric circuit theory, Electrical AC and DC machines, Electromagnetic Theory, Power Electronics components like Inverters, converters, AC and DC based Drives, Special electrical machines, Power systems components and its optimization, Power Quality, Control System, Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Bio Medical Instrumentation, Measurement and Instrumentation, Neural network, Fuzzy logic etc.
P3: DESIGN COMPETANCE
To provide relevant engineering experience in designing and conducting experiments as well as analyzing the significance of the experimental data.
P4: SOFT SKILL
To provide training in soft skills via English language, communication, verbal, logical, analytical, comprehension, team building, inter personal relationship, group discussion etc for placement.
P5: CAREER DEVELOPMENT
To inculcate the habit of lifelong learning for career development through successful completion of advanced degrees, professional development courses, industrial training etc.
To impart technical knowledge, ethical values for professional development of the student to solve complex problems and to work in multi disciplinary ambience, whose solutions lead to significant societal benefits.
LIST OF FACULTIES
Department is equipped with seven well spaced Laboratories of sophisticated instruments. All the Labs are timely upgraded with the scope of curriculum.
-   Electrical Machines Laboratory
-   Measurements and Instrumentation Laboratory
-   Control System Laboratory
-   Power System Simulation Laboratory
-   Power Electronics Laboratory
-   Engineering Practices Laboratory
-   Power Electronics and Drives Laboratory
- 1.ARTHI. P M.E(PED) second year student, presented a paper on “DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PV POWERED DC TO DC CONVERTER AND MULTILEVEL INVERTER SYSTEM WITH EMBDDED CONTROLLER”, at ESSA College of Engineering and Technology.
- 2.S.PIRITHA M.E (PED) Second Year Student presented a paper on “PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF 3-PHASE FIVE LEVEL DIODE CLAMPED MULTILEVEL INVERTER” in International conference on Electrical, Electronics, computing and Instrumentation held at RAJAS ENGINEERING COLLEGE on 12th March 2015.
- 3. M.MADHIVHANAN presented a paper on “THE PERFORMANCE TUNING OF 3-PHASE SEVEN LEVEL DIODE CLAMPED MULTILEVEL INVERTER” in International conference on COMPUTING, Communication and Electrical technologies (ICCCER-2015) held at Vivekananda Institute of Engineering And Technology For Women on 4th March 2015.
PUBLICATION OF PAPER
1. Mr.M.NAGARAJAN and Mr. T.KARTHIK “Multimod3e Power Controllers for Three-Phase Matrix Converters Operating as Unified Power Flow Controller (UPQC)” on International Conference on Applied research in Engineering & Technology (ICARET-2015) on May 2nd 2015 held at Thamirabharani Engineering College, Tirunelveli.
2. Mr.M.NAGARAJAN and Mr.k.venkatesan “A novel hybrid solar power system with MPPT Technology for Commercial Application” on National Conference on Intelligent Power Electronics Technology (IPET-2105) on APRIL 20th2015 held at Thamirabharani Engineering College, Tirunelveli.
3. Mr.K.J.JAGADEESAN and Mr. M.MADHIVHANAN “The Performance Tuning of Three Phase Seven Level Diode Clamped Multi-Level Inverter” on International Conference on Computing, Communication and Electrical Technologies (IEEE-ICCCET 2015) on March 4th and 5th, 2015 held at Vivekanandha Institute of Engineering And Technology For Women, Namakkal.
4. Mr.K.J.JAGADEESAN and Mrs.S.Pritha “Cascaded Multilevel Inverter Using Series Connection of Sub-Multilevel Inverters” on International conference on Electrical, Electronics computing and Instrumentation “(IEEE-ICCCET 2015). March12th, 2015 held at Raja’s Engineering College, Vadkkangulam.
5. Mr.M.NAGARAJAN and Mr.R.BALAMURGAN “The Power Factor Correction Based Canonical Switching Cell Converter Fed Brushless DC (BLDC) Motor Drive” on National Conference on Power,Embedded,Drives and Control Engineering”(NACPED-2014) on APRIL 25th2014 held at S.A Engineering College, Tirunelveli.
6. Mr.K.SATHIYAMURTHI and Mr.A.M.SARAVANARAJ “Zero Voltage –And Zero-Current Switching Full Bridge Converter With Secondary Resonance” on International Conference on Contemporary challenges in Engineering and Management” (ICCCEM-2015) on APRIL 10th2015 held at ARM College of Engineering &Technology, Chennai.
7. Mr.K.SATHIYAMURTHI and D.KASTHURI “Optimal Characteristic Measurement Of Efficient Matrix Converter Based Multifed PMSM Drives” on National Conference on (RTPEPS-2015) on APRIL 6th2015 held at DMI College of Engineering, Chennai.
8. Mr.P.J.DINESH KUMAR “A Comparative Study Of DSTATCOM & DVR For Power Quality Improvement” on on International Conference on Contemporary challenges in Engineering and Management” (ICCCEM-2015) on APRIL 10th2015 held at ARM College of Engineering &Technology, Chennai.
9. Ms.G.PRIYA and Mr.ARUNK KUMAR “Real Timed Data Measurement Of Battery Parameters Of Electric Vehicle Using LabView” on National Conference on RAET -2013 on APRIL 11th 2013 held at Sri Muthukumaran Institute Of Technology, Chennai.
10. Ms.G.PRIYA “Power System Stability Enhancement using FACTS controllers” on International Conference on ICETEEEM 2013 on APRIL 24th 2013 held at Aarupadai Veedu Institute Of Technology, Chennai.
11. Ms.G.PRIYA and Ms.SASIPRIYA “Fuzzy Logic Based Boiler Drum Level Control And Protection System” on International Journal for Research And Development in Engineering presented in MEPED 2014 on APRIL 20th 2014 held at Jeppiar Engineering College, Chennai.
-   Final year students went on Industrial visit to Sri Ram Electrochemical Pvt. Ltd, Puducherry on 29th January 2015.
-   A batch of 18 students of second year went on industrial visit to Sunshine Electronics, J.J. Pumps and Axis Global automation at Coimbatore from 13th to 15th February 2015. Mr.T.Sathish kumar and Ms.M.Nagarajan Assistant Professors guided them.
-   First and second year M.E. (PED) students went on industrial visit to SDSC – SHAR – Sriharikota, on 5th March 2014. Mr.K.Sathyamurthi and Ms.D.Kavitha Assistant Professors guided them.
-   A batch of 15 students of third year went for industrial visit to Padmavahini Transformers, Salazar Electricals, at Coimbatore and Transformers Electricals Limited, Mr.K.J.Jagadesan and Mr.M.Nagarajan Assistant Professors guided them.
-   Digital Signal Processing byMr.G.UmaMaheshwaran, AP/EEE, RMD College of Engineering, Kavarapethai on 8th September,2015 for third year students.
-   Transmission and Distribution by Dr.C.Kumar, AP/EEE, SKP College of Engineering, T.V.Malai on 6th September,2015.
UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS
DEPARTMENT OF POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES
|S.No.||NAME OF THE STUDENT||BATCH||RANK||CGPA|
|S.No.||NAME OF THE FACULTY||TITLE OF PUBLICATIONS||PUBLISHER||DATE|
|1||Mr.SATHIYAMURTHI||IMPLEMENTATION OF PV BASED HIGH STEP-UP BOOST CONVERTER AND Z-SOURCE INVERTER SYSTEM||IJERT||25.4.15|
|2||Mr. M.NAGARAJAN||1. THE POWER FACTOR CORRECTION BASED CANONICAL SWITCHING CELL CONVERTER FED BRUSHLESS DC (BLDC) MOTOR DRIVE||IJERT||25.3.15|
|2. A NOVEL CONTROL SCHEME APPLIED TO STATIC SYCHRONOUS SERIES COMPENSATOR FOR POWER QUALITY ASPECTS IN MULTI-BUS POWER SYSTEMS|
|3||Mr. K.J.JAGADEESAN||1. FUZZY LOGIC MIXED-SIGNAL EMBEDDED MICROCONTROLLER FOR CONTROLLING DC MOTOR||INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ENGINEERING RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY (IJERT) (ISSN:2278-0181)||02-05-2015|
|2. THE PERORMANCE TUNING OF THREE PHASE SEVEN LEVEL DIODE CLAMPED MULTI-LEVEL INVERTER||INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF APPLIED ENGINEERING RESEARCH (IJAER) (ISSN 0973-4562)||04-03-2015|
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOP
-  One day seminar on Latest trends in Turbo alternators was held on 18th February, 2015.
-   One day National level technical Symposium (BLOOMX 2K15) was conducted on 20th August, 2015.
-   One day workshop on Smart grid was conducted on 15th & 16th of August , 2015 by Mr. V.B.Victor Raj, Sr. Design Engineer, ABB, Chennai.
-   One day workshop on Embedded systems was conducted on 16th of September, 2015 by Mr.M.Ramesh, Research Scholar, Anna University.
-   Two day workshop on PCB Design & Fabrication Process was conducted on 2nd & 3rd September, 2014 by Mr.K.Prabakaran, Sr.Engineer, Samsung, Chennai.
VALUE ADDED PROGRAM
Mr. J.Banu chandar presented the paper titled “SINGLE ELECTRON TRANSISTOR” from NANO TECHNOLOGY, in the board of International Conference of Electronics Communication and Instrumentation Engineering published in ICLTECI
Mr.Rajasekaran presented the paper titled “A NOVEL LOW POWER CONSUMPTION USING AFPL” from VLSI DESIGN in the board of National Conference in “XEONIXS’14” held at CCET In COIIECT Association